Active Listening for Positive Business Results
Listening is the most important skill for strengthening communications between individuals and teams. Yet, most of us don’t know how to listen properly because we were never taught how to. Professionals who master Active Listening are better problem solvers, encourage more informational sharing, and foster trust and rapport between different levels of employees in organizations.
- Identify the four different levels of listening
- Learn from performing interactive exercises that highlight each listening level
- Master the seven effective listening components
- The importance of mirroring and matching
- How to listen with empathy
- Best practices for describing a difficult situation for positive outcomes
Effective Feedback for Positive Outcomes
Many organizations still don’t give enough or the right kind of feedback to their employees. But there are essential tools that enable effective feedback to cultivate a more engaged workforce that drives business results.
- Recognize the different types of feedback
- Identify the place and time for specific feedback
- Guidelines for constructive feedback
- Discover the importance of appreciation feedback
- How to coach employees to deliver their best
- Develop methods for evaluation feedback that leads to positive change
- This workshop includes interactive exercises designed to deepen your understanding of different methods of feedback and when to apply them.
Gender Speak in the Workplace—How Women Get Heard
Language communicates ideas and, for better or worse, women and men have different linguistic styles. These differences, learned in childhood, are striking enough that many women in authority are judged by their peers as lacking confidence in their ideas. This workshop will give examples and scenarios of the linguistic differences between genders. Interactive exercises demonstrate for participants the power of language and mannerisms.
- Identify the language women use in the workplace that hijacks growth opportunities
- Discover how women can hold their own in male-dominated meetings
- Best practices for managing up and down in the workplace
- Utilize methods of getting and giving effective credit and feedback to peers and reports
- Understand behaviors that hurt credibility
- Explore the correct application of different types of verbal opposition
- This workshop includes interactive exercises to help women learn how to express themselves successfully in the workplace.
Taking the Stress out of Stressful Conversations
It’s estimated that people spend over two thousand hours each year with their coworkers. In fact, studies show that employees spend more time at work than with family members or friends. Without the skills needed to open the avenues of communication, conflict is inevitable.
Often, difficult conversations need to be initiated to increase compatibility and communications for better business results. For an organization to grow and maintain its edge in today’s volatile business world, employees need to know how to turn difficult conversations into productive solutions. These conversations are not about facts. They’re about emotions, interpretations, and values.
- Best practices for initiating difficult conversations
- Recognize different perspectives of the conflict
- Understand the importance of Feelings and iIdentity
- Explore different mindsets
- The importance of empathy
- Utilize a new framework for constructive outcomes
- This workshop includes interactive exercises to practice difficult conversations and arrive at constructive solutions.
Storytelling to Drive Business Results
Social scientists now know that stories are how people make sense of the world. We’re hardwired to find meaning and understanding through narrative. People don’t connect to graphs or Powerpoint presentations—they connect to stories. Strategic storytelling within organizations can be used to help spark action or change. Participants will learn how telling compelling stories can connect employees to their work as well as drive organizational change.
- Participants will learn the different narrative styles needed to:
- Shape Organizational Culture
- Share organizational Culture and Knowledge
- Foster collaboration
- Spark Change
- Lead people into the Future
- Tame the Grapevine of unproductive gossip and rumors
- This workshop includes storytelling and writing exercises designed to deepen learning.
Business Writing: Improving Job Performance and Productivity
This workshop focuses on polishing business-writing skills to increase professional etiquette and productivity in the workplace. We’ll explore the different styles of professional writing and how best to use them.
- Achieve the proper tone to get your ideas across in a professional manner
- Discover the systematic process of writing
- Apply best practices for writing memos, letters, and emails
- Understand the power of concise sentences
- Recognize the impact of active voice
- Develop systematic practices for editing and proofreading
- Participants develop their skills with short business-writing exercises.
The ABC’s of Writing: Accuracy, Brevity, and Clarity
Participants write a simple story to a short deadline and then read it aloud. Using my skills as a former ABC News editor and journalism professor, I critique each story. The group will learn how to better organize ideas and write with more clarity by using short, powerful sentences. Former participants say they’ve experienced amazing results after learning new thinking and writing skills.
Great public speakers know it’s more than what they say that engages their audience. It’s also how they present themselves. Participants will learn powerful new skills that elevate any presentation.
- Apply real tips from the pros on what to wear when presenting
- Understand Camera Presence
- Develop your voice with appropriate emotions
- How to keep your audience engaged throughout your entire presentation
- Increase the impact of your PowerPoint
- Best practices for presenting if English is not your first language
- Manage stage fright
Because effective public speaking depends on practice, this workshop includes speaking exercises.